Friday, November 12, 2010

The Brick Game

It all started when I was a Grade school (I think a 4th Grader), my mother bought me my first Brick Game console that is powered by four AA Batteries. My mother bought me one because I was top 5 in the class.

One day while I was mastering the Tetris and the Boxing Game, the batteries ran out of juice. I looked every inch of the house if I could salvage any batteries, but with no luck. I tried also pick pocketing some money in my dad's pants that is just hanged behind the door of their room. But unfortunately I didn't do it out of nowhere.

And then I noticed a hole on top of the console that something can be  inserted to. I started to scourge some old wires at the backyard, or so to say our laundry area, because we usually put old stuffs and junks. So I grabbed a scissor, cut and stripped 2 wires of the same length. I was so excited because I'll be able to play again. I just slitted the 2 wires into the said hole in the console, and then I plugged it into AC wall socket.

As expected, I got electrocuted. Fortunately, the house nor the outlet didn't catch fire (lucky me). To my great surprise, the brick game didn't suffer any burn or damage. What's more amazing is that when someone gave me the batteries I needed (courtesy of my mother, after begging and crying), it suddenly came to life.

So from that moment on, I started to think why the brick game didn't broke, and what is the purpose of that hole on the top of the console (the hole was actually a 3.5mm Audio Jack). As soon I got my hands on a pair of screw driver, I started the dismantling madness on every piece of equipment I could laid my hands on to. Guess who is the first victim of my curious little hands? Of course, my beloved brick game. After some tinkering, the brick game finally gave-up. I didn't broke it because I smashed it to pieces, but rather because I couldn't get it to assemble again, Hahaha.

2 comments:

Pinoy Adventurista said...

wahahaha!!! na-adik ako sa brick game nung bata pa me... hehehe!!!

Mitch said...

1000-in-1 ba yan? Hehehe.

Post a Comment