Friday, November 12, 2010

My Dream Machine

When I was still a child, I always dreamed of my own desktop PC. I already have Brick Game, Game 'n Watch, GameBoy, GameGear, Family Computer, SNES, SEGA, Playstation, and a Playstation 2, but never a desktop. In the old days, having a PC is a luxury and costs a fortune to have one and to maintain one. I always begged my parents to buy me one, I even bribed them that I will be on Top 5 on my Grade 6 graduation just buy me a PC as a reward, hahaha. But it didn't work.

I finally got my chance to buy one when I resigned to my first job, because of my Back Wage, haha. I have purchased my own new desktop just under 18,000.00. Below are the items I purchased on SM North Edsa at the new CyberZone.

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 5000+ (Brisbane core, 2.6GHz)
Motherboard: ECS 6100PM-M2 (AM2 socket, micro-ATX form factor)
Memory: 1GB Kingston DDR2 800MHz (CL6)
Storage: 160GB Western Digital Caviar Blue (SATA II, 3Gb/sec)
Video Card: Palit 9500GT Super DDR2 512MB
Power Supply: HEC Raptor 500R (500 Watts, dual +12V rail)
Casing: Generic Neutron micro-ATX 

I didn't purchase a monitor, because one my relative just happens one lying around at their house.

Soon after that, I started to think that my PC is ugly, and I mean ugly because my case was just a generic one (just 1,500.00 Php including the Power Supply). I started searching for alternatives how to make my PC to look good and perform well. And then I stumbled into a great Filipino site.

One in particular that really caught my eye is the thread, where it discusses the yips, how tos, and the techniques in case modding. It's like hitting a jackpot because the topic there is about PC Modding (I will talk about it more on my next post). Just to have an idea, PC modding is the way on how to change the physical appearance of your PC whether it is just for aesthetics or cooling performance of your PC.

The pictures below is my OLD PC, first is the internals, and the other is the exterior. (Looks crappy, isn't it?)
Pic 1: Interior.
Pic 2: Left Panel (Side View).
Pic 3: Front Panel (Front View).

And here is sneak peek at my new PC, it's still the same case, but now modified. I named my new Case as Neutron-Reborn v1. The pictures below are a bit old because I did some minor modifications to my new case.
Pic 4: Front View (repainted and relocated the buttons)
Pic 5: Right Side View (Installed Acrylic windows and repainted with Glossy Black).
 
And here are my new specs:
Processor: AMD Athlon II 250 (Overclocked from 3.0GHz to 3.3GHz)
Motherboard: MSI 880GMA-E45 (AM3 socket, micro-ATX form factor)
Memory: 2x2GB Team Elite DDR3 1333MHz (CL9)
Video Card: XFX ATi Radeon HD5770 1GB DDR5 (HD577X-ZNFC)
Hard Disk 1: 320GB Western Digital Caviar Blue (SATA II)
Hard Disk 2: 500GB Seagate Baracuda (SATA II)
Optical Drive: Lite-On DVD-RW (Double Layer,  SATA)
Power Supply: CoolerMaster 750W GX Series
 
I will post too my work logs on how did I transformed my crappy old PC to a new PC.

No comments:

Post a Comment